It is important to follow the standards and etiquette required as a Cummins Mellor Relief Chef:
- Chefs are expected to have their own knives, whites and appropriate footwear. Smart black and white attire for other departments.
- Rates of pay are confidential and should not be discussed with permanent staff. Payment is usually by cheque or BACS transfer.
- You will need to take proof of your identity with you to ALL jobs. This can either be: a) a valid passport OR b) your National Insurance number together with your FULL Birth Certificate.
- Travel expenses are payable at the end of a contract when the work has been completed satisfactorily. If you do not complete the contract you will NOT be entitled to travel expenses. A petrol receipt or train ticket must be produced – expenses are NOT paid on a mileage basis. If you travel home on days off, this is your own expense. Your travel claim is for one return journey only. Not all clients agree to pay travel expenses and these expenses are taxable.
- Where applicable, accommodation is provided on a complimentary basis. Your room should be kept clean and tidy and you will be held responsible for any damage. Lost or non-returned room keys will be charged for.
- Mobile phones should be switched off during service hours.
- Any problems relating to the assignment should be discussed directly with the agency – the client should not be confronted by chefs re problems with hours, accommodation, days off etc.
- Good work will be rewarded with good wages and continuity of work. Your aim should be to impress the client so that next time he needs our services he asks for YOU personally.
- Flexibility is vital - if you have any holidays planned or need time off please let the agency know as soon as possible. If you start an assignment but cannot complete it you will lose your travel expenses – these will go to your replacement.
- Should you be offered a permanent position as a result of a short term booking it is imperative that you advise us as soon as possible.
- If you have been assigned a job and then have a problem which prevents you from fulfilling it, please inform the agency as a matter of urgency on the above number or on the EMERGENCY mobile number – 07970 873447
Print and sign: Relief Staff Standards and Etiquette