Chefs Jobs UK offer positions for Chefs and hospitality staff all year round on a nationwide basis. We have opportunities for Relief Chefs and Temp Chefs as well as permanent Chefs jobs. Register for Relief work today.
We supply relief chefs to cover sickness, holiday cover, peak periods and short term cover whilst permanent recruitment is being undertaken. Successful relief chefs work all year round, take time out when it suits their lifestyle and have control over the types of establishments they wish to work in.
Qualities required to be successful as a Relief Chef include reliability, enthusiasm, the ability to quickly fit into any brigade, a good work ethic, respectful manner and personable nature.
To ensure you have a constant flow of employment, ensure that you work to a consistent level and show enthusiasm and determination to an employer. The employer will be impressed with your skills and you will stand out from the crowd. You will reap rewards from this as our clients will ask for you back again and again and we will be happy to place you in any temp chef job if you have made a great impression!
How to create the right impression as a Relief Chef
First impressions are crucial when starting a new relief chef assignment, follow these tips on hos to be a successful Relief Chef!
- Always arrive 15 minutes early
- Personal appearance is crucial – clean shaven and clean uniform
- All jewellery should be removed in the kitchen for hygiene purposes
- Always be positive and energetic
- Be prepared – have equipment and uniform ready
- Turn your mobile phone off during service
- Don’t discuss your rate of pay with permanent staff
What equipment and documents do I need as a Relief Chef ?
- Clean whites
- A full set of knives
- Safety Shoes
- A notepad and pen
- A copy of your Food Hygiene Certificate
- ID – your passport is best or Full Birth Certificate together with your Driving Licence
- Your Bank Details to arrange payment
- Receipts for petrol or copy of Train/Bus tickets (to claim travel expenses)