Are you interested in a career as a Private Chef?
The employment of Private Chefs in households is becoming increasing popular, a Private Chef primarily works for a single client at a time and is either required to cook in their clients home or often on location. These can vary from Ski Chalets, Boat Trips and parties, with the Private Chef often accompanying the client on holidays to cater for all their needs.
Sometimes the duties of a Private Chef extend beyond the kitchen to assisting with party planning for client’s friends and family and providing cooking lessons and demonstrations as required.
Being a Private Chef offers some great benefits:
- The salary for a Private Chef is usually a competitive rate with the added benefit of occasional travel with the client
- A Private Chef has the freedom to be creative with menu compilation
- As a Private Chef you learn the likes and dislikes of your client, allowing you to try new dishes on them confidently
Personality traits ideal for a Private Chef:
- Organisation is key for a Private Chef, it is essential meals are planned correctly and produced on time
- Creativity, flexibility and adaptability are required skills to ensure dishes are exciting for clients
- Trustworthiness is essential as you will be working closely with the client and in their home
Chefs Jobs UK is an established hospitality and chef agency providing vacancies within all areas of permanent and temporary hospitality recruitment.